Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 3 September 2019

Grey.

Today has been cooler, grey but not actually wet. Peter went out shopping while I baked some biscuits and did the housework then both of us got on with organising a short trip to St Ives. We had planned to go before the summer but things kept happening. It's mostly a visit down memory lane revisiting my early childhood home and the place where we spent our honeymoon. We are also taking some of my mother's framed drawings which will be in an exhibition organised by the Penwith Society
Back to Borth......
On the Saturday we walked down to the lifeboat ramp to see the first act of Borth Begins- "Borth Begins is an inclusive community theatre event taking place on August 31st 2019. It will be a procession piece in four different locations around the village and will encompass the full range of creative arts including spoken word, dance, song, music, visual arts, drama, costume and set design. People are taking part from across the full age range in the village and from many local groups. Borth Begins is about herrings, history and Borth happenings from the old seafaring days to modern times. "
If they do it next year or something similar I'm sure I'll be joining in.  Three of our neighbours were in this and I've been following rehearsal progress on FB.
There is quite a large 'arty' community in Borth, can't wait to see what's going on. However I had wallpaper to remove so back I went. While I was working I could hear some banging. I thought maybe Peter had come back or that somebody was at the front door, there are a number of doors into the place, but when I went and looked nobody was there. Back to work I went only to hear the banging carry on. I checked the street and the back door and garage but I couldn't see anyone. Then I wondered if the builder was checking out the flat roof so I walked across the street so that I could see the roof and finally found the origin of the noise. A big seagull was up there trying to eat a bread roll while being harassed by a couple of jackdaws. 
Showers sweeping across the Enchanted Isles. 

No comments: