Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 7 October 2022

Mostly Wet.

More rain in the night which carried on through the morning and then all of a sudden the sun broke through. Lovely weather for a few hours but then the rain returned with a vengance including a thunderstorm directly overhead.
Neither of us had that good a night. I didn't even get to bed until 4.00, only the usual aches and pains stopping me from sleeping. Peter has been suffering from a bad back again and this morning he had an appointment with the chiropracter. Maybe I'm heartless but he does seem to go on and on about his aches and pains. And when I fail to respond sympathetically to his huffs and intakes of breath they just get louder. For goodness sake he's not a toddler who needs to be told 'There, there Mummy will make it better.' At least that's what it feels like to me. Also he's very good at self diagnosing and coming up with the worst prognosis. I don't know how many times he's gone to the doctor (eventually) warning me that he'd going to need an operation which somehow doesn't turn out to be the case. That said I washed up last night and did the floors this morning, usually his jobs and baked a batch of peanut butter and chocolate cookies for his evening snack.
As well as baking I did some extra kitchen cleaning and sorted through the basket of mutliplying plastic boxes that Peter uses for his batch meals. He hasn't quite got the hang of organised storage yet. 
The housework done I was thinking about starting a couple of small diy jobs but then the sun broke through. After days of rain I couldn't stay at home any longer and took myself off for a gentle stroll on the beach.


As it was low tide I pottered around the rock pools enjoying the smell of the seaweed and indulging in the simple pleasures of looking for the inhabitants of the rock pools and imagining fantastical miniature worlds. The sun had warmed the water up and I saw almost invisible shrimps (below) and a shoal of inch long fishes.
I only walked as far as the spit between the first two reefs before my back and a black cloud above had me heading for home.
The weather out at sea, the tides and varying wind direction all combine to affect the type of seaweed and shells washed up on the beach. At the moment the beach looks as if truckloads of noodles have been dumped on the shingle.
The tiredness is beginning to catch up with me now but luckily I did my Duo Lingo in the early hours. Just the guitar to play which I'm going to do now.

 

1 comment:

lea said...

That second photo looks like the Pacific and I see someone surfing!
I have, at times in exasperation, told my husband that I just "carry on" in spite of whatever is bothering me.