Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 21 October 2022

Warm.

An incredibly warm day, as good as any British summer's day (not counting those few days of the heat waves) and an awful lot of rain.
The wet weather put paid to our plans for a walk in the hills, instead Peter went to town to do the shopping and I stayed home to clear up some small jobs. Having not recieved any reply to my initial email about the damaged sink unit I had re-sent the email via every one of the emails they had sent me. Only this morning did I see that by linking to a 'chat bot' I could register the damage. After my initial misgivings I found it a very easy process and a new unit is being delivered on Monday. Plus we can keep the damaged unit. It won't be too hard to cut it down and fit it over the boiler controls when the time comes.
The next job done was fitting the toilet roll holder. All I needed to do was to drill two holes in the side of the cupboard to fit the bolts through which wasn't that difficult. A small job that took a long time from initially finding the holder in the ironmongers in Mach. I will admit to being unimpressed by the lack of drill bits in the box in the not very organised workshop end of the garage. We have one of those sets which not so long ago had every size and style of drill bit needed for general work, 38 of them to be exact. However when I opened it up there were only 11 drill bits inside but fortunately the size I needed was there. When will Peter learn to put things back after he's used them? It's such a waste of time to have to search for things before you can even start a job.
Look at the wonderful colours of the sea. There is a faint rainbow in the centre of the horizon but later there were a couple of better ones.
We had a longer dry spell in the afternoon during which I walked down to the pharmacy as they'd sent a text saying there was something to collect. That turned out to be the same tablets they gave me last week so I left those ones but they had just had Peter's repeat prescription so I waited while they made that up. Naturally I went for a walk along the beach while I was out. (No camera in case of heavy rain.) I passed a (younger) lady out with her dogs that I've seen before. She walks three dogs one of which has its hindquarters in a set of walking wheels and another that is missing a hind foot. That's quite unusual as generally with dogs and cats they don't amputate a foot only but remove the whole leg. I'm assuming they are rescue dogs. Perhaps I should get into conversation with this lady to find out more. Also on the beach were the sad but smelly remains of a seal pup. Presumably a vicitm of the recent storms.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Another rainbow - lucky you to see so many!!