Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 4 October 2022

Wet.

Unusually warm but raining for most of the day.
This was the early morning view when it was misty rather than raining (my first morning view was in the dark before 7.00 but I took my tablets and went back to sleep). That gave our neighbours the chance to replace the soffit board and gutter on the side of their house by our garden wall. Then down came the rain, lots of it. Peter had to go out but I hunkered down and did all my daily routines. There was a programme on the radio about procrastination this morning and while I thought that most of it was padding I had to agree that procrastination leads to feelings of guilt. I thought I might try to avoid those feelings by getting the necessary things done first when I can.
The new sink arrived today. We need to move the boxes into the garage before opening them to make sure there is no damage but I have to say the company (Victoria Plum) had a very efficient delivery system. I'd opted for the free service which at first only specified the day of delivery. Then Peter got a text giving us a two hour window, 10-12. At 9.45 came another text saying they would be here in 45 minutes and at 10.30 he got a phone call asking for directions as they were on the High Street. 5 minutes after that they arrived.
Later in the afternoon I was sorting out my tablets and realised that I had run out of one kind, a cardio medicine so quite important. That's when Peter tells me he'd had a text to collect a prescription a while back but had thought it was for him. Thankfully there was still time to walk to the pharmacy, and it had stopped raining. I collected my stash and it was only a chance remark of mine that lead to finding out they had missed out the cardio tablets. A good thing I hadn't waited until I got home to check and yes they do have an IT system but ever since Brexit some things are hard to get hold of and it messes up the system. As it wasn't raining I went for a walk along the beach before going home but I hadn't taken my camera or phone with me so no photos.
 

No comments: