Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 29 October 2022

Wet.

Today has been warm with frequent gentle rain. 
Despite the warmth it hasn't been a day for working outside. My only outside time has been spent standing in the kitchen doorway watching the wonderful clouds above the crowds of surfers.
Peter went off to town to do the shopping and called in at the builders merchants to order the white guttering and a bag of top soil. It's a funny place and because it was a sizeable order they gave him a discount. I know that if you're a 'trade' customer there's a hefty discount as I've put things through our builder's account before when they were for a job he was working on such as the paving slabs. 
I stayed home to do the housework and admin followed by baking a batch of peanut butter and chocolate cookies. Then I made some more felted balls and acorns using a wet felting technique and left them in the cooling oven to dry out. Just a bit of fun to see what happens.

Ta dah! I got yesterday's photos off the memory card. Peter has given me his card reader which at first wouldn't work (who knew there were different types of USB port on the front of a pc?) but then did. I've also found my small Nikon but it takes rechargeable AA batteries and we only have AAA rechargeables. Another thing to buy. For the time being I'll still be using the bigger camera and taking out the memory card to get them onto the pc.

No wonder everyone's render and garden walls eventually crack with the pounding the cliffs get.






 

No comments: