Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 14 October 2022

Wet.

A grey day of almost constant rain. 
Definitely not the day for a walk in the hills which had been our plan. Instead I thought I'd go to town and do a number of small jobs. It was not a very succesful trip, nothing that bad but just lots of things not working out. First of all I stopped by the pharmacy to collect some tablets that had been missed off my last monthly order. Initially they were going to give me the lower dose tablets which I'd already had and it wasn't until I pointed out that I needed the stronger one that they went and got those. At least here they phone the surgery which is what they did this morning. In Devon the pharmacy used to blame the doctors and tell us to phone them and the doctors would say it was the pharmacy's fault. Then when I left the pharmacy somebody had parked very close and with a large van blocking my view ahead I had to wait until the chap came and drove away. In town it wasn't a lot better, no appointments for an eye test I have to ring right at the beginning of the month for an appointment the following month then I paid for credit on my phone but have to go on-line and type in a 14 digit code from a slip of paper the size of a bus ticket to get it activated. Peter needed a diary for his new job and while I found the filofax pages for the academic year (Sept - July) I wasn't going to pay nearly £13. I found an academic diary for £4 in the art supplies shop which I bought and later saw I could have bought one in Homestores for £1.50. I had a look through the charity shops but decided against a glass paperweight with the right blue but didn't make my heart sing especially as it was £12. I did find myself a top in Mountain Warehouse reduced from £20 to £5. It was, no surprise here a long workout vest but not black or even purple but another favourite colour, orangey terracotta. 
Then when I got home I asked Peter to help me open up the new sink and vanity unit to check them. The sink is fine but the cupboard was badly damaged. I took photos and have emailed the supplier. Up till now I've never had any problems getting goods replaced when they've been damaged in transit. In fact this could even be a good thing if they simply send a replacement cupboard and tell us to dispose of the old one. I'm thinking the damaged one could be slimmed down and used to cover in the pipework from the boiler. I was planning to have some sort of airing cupboard there and all we'd have to do would be to sort out a top.
This cupboard wouldn't cover the control panel but that could either stay exposed on the wall or be dropped to be inside the cupboard.
A bit of a tiring day but not an absolute disaster.
 

No comments: