Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 24 October 2022

Showers.

Another day of heavy showers and getting colder. Didn't see any rainbows either. It feels so miserable when I'm stuck indoors, especially when it doesn't feel warm. Not cold but not cosy either.
In the morning I went to post off the chocolates. Now that the nearby shop has closed its Post Office counter I had to find the Borth Post Office. According to the map it was in the turning leading to the station but when I drove down there I couldn't see anything. Luckily the postman was there delivering letters from his van and directed me to further along the High Street. It's an ordinary bungalow with a post box on the garden wall and a couple of the small oval logo signs on the house wall. I walked through the garden to the front door. Not sure of the accepted procedure I rang the doorbell before seeing another sign inside pointing to a door off the hallway. What you are supposed to do is go through the front door and then into what must have been the dining room. Opening that door rings a bell and the postmaster then arrives from whatever he was doing in the house. The room has the usual high counter with glass partition but on the customer side there are shelves of secondhand books and dvds. I guess they come in useful for the people in the caravan parks when it's raining. A real village Post Office. I asked and yes, he offers the same banking services as any other Post Office which is useful to know. 
Although it didn't rain when I was out, which was why I'd driven down, we've had some very heavy showers during the day. There was enough of a dry spell in the afternoon for me to weed the back garden and to move a couple of plants. I also pulled up the nasturiums which had self sown in the pebbles and sprawled all over the place. One had even gone half-way up the wall trellis with leaves as big as side plates.
This is Speedy's cosy spot during the day. I bought it for him when we were still in Devon so that he would have a familiar bed when we moved but he never slept in it. Until recently it's been ignored on the living room floor as the sofa and armchair are much more comfortable. But as he also likes to sleep on the bed in my study I thought I'd bring the fluffy nest in here. I tempted him into it with a few cheese and onion crisp crumbs (he likes cheese and onion but I'm sure the salt isn't good for him) and that did the trick. He sleeps all day in the nest, wakes and fusses for his supper after which he moves to my lap where he is now. Night times are for being outside.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh yes, Speedy does look comfy!!