Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 12 October 2022

Wet.

Mostly wet today varying from light drizzle to steady rain.
Fine weather for ducks but Mr. Pea didn't look as if he was enjoying it.
I knew it would probably be wet for working at the zoo but as I'd missed the last two weeks I thought I'd give it a try anyway. Driving down the rain got even heavier but I had a back-up plan. Part of the outdoor seating area is under a canopy and as the gravel there is constantly in need of weeding I thought I'd work there. Normally I don't touch any of that area because it's too disheartening. I began by weeding along the fence where there were some very large weeds and then as the weather hadn't improved I ended up clearing the whole of the covered area. Afterwards I had my usual photo walk around the rest of the zoo and oh, no the weeds are going mad in both the the play areas and the wolf dogs' gravel.
The fruits on the strawberry tree (arbutus unedo) look like delicious sweets or something made by a pastry chef. Even the tiny toadstools look as if they are made from milk chocolate. 
Once I got home I stayed in my grubby weeding clothes and went out to tidy up the pointing between the immitation stone blocks in the front garden. It may only be a rough garden wall but I like to do things as neatly as possible. Today's session scraping away with the end of an old table fork and scrubbing with a used dish brush got them a lot cleaner and taught me that I should take more care when layng the blocks and clean them off straight away. I expect I'll be quite good at laying blocks by the time I finish facing the second raised bed. 
I'm blogging early as it's choir night tonight.
 

No comments: