Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 20 May 2023

Bricklaying.

Sunny all day with a strong wind.
Speedy and I were out of the door at 9.00 for another trip to the vet for a check up of his mouth. This time I did not make the mistake of letting him out after his breakfast even though he waited patiently by the door. Instead I shut him in the utility room where he has a litter tray that he is most reluctant to use. When the vet looked in Speedy's mouth he saw that there is still a nasty infection in Speedy's gum, no wonder he's been having difficulty eating. An antibiotic injection and vaccination set me back another £100, ouch. Afterwards I called in at the dump which is almost next door to the vets and got rid of some garden waste and then made a very brief stop at Lidl, mainly to buy more of the soft cat food in individual pots which Speedy is able to eat.
Back home I got my Duo Lingo out of the way and once Peter had replaced the hinge on the garage door I was all set to do some brick laying. I used the giant whisk attachment with a drill to mix in the water but even mixing the dry sand and cement together was hard work. There was so much bending and lifting that my back is not very good now. But I got it done. I know the bricks should have been more staggered but I only had a 3/4 (concrete) brick to start the second course and these bricks will be out of sight covered by soil. 
My reward for all the hard work was to take my pain killers and sit on the terrace with coffee and ripe Camembert on wholegrain rye bread. The strong flavours of the cheese and the bread complimented each other perfectly. As usual although I had my Kindle with me I was happy just to garden plan and  people watch. The usual wetsuit clad water enthusiasts were replaced by holiday makers with their pale European bodies darting in and out of the water. An idiot on a jetski sprouting fishing tackle had music blaring while he span in circles close to the beach. And one of the wealthier part-time residents flew in and parked his helicopter in his garden not far from the shop.
Eventually I dragged myself indoors to do the ironing though I went back out for a while later on.
No tropical sunset tonight as a cloudbank filled the sky. Last night's cloudbank had a strange hole at the leading edge, something I don't recall seeing before.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Wow what a fantastic photo of the clouds with the whole in it!!