Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 3 May 2023

Warm.

A bit cloudy but very warm today.
My first job of the day was to make an appointment for Speedy at the vets. Since a fight with another cat over a week ago he's not been himself. I've been trying hard not to worry but by last weekend he was having difficulty in eating. He was eating mashed up food especially sardines so I held off having to see the emergency vet (££££s) on Sunday or Bank Holiday Monday. He seemed a bit better on Tuesday but I began to notice an occasional rattle in his breathing hence getting him to the vet today. It turns out that he has a broken tooth and gum infection which means he needs an anaesthetic before having that tooth out and the rest scaled. But because he has a heart murmur  he will have to have a scan first and that is all happening on Friday next week. He also has an upper respiratory infection but no temperature. The vet gave him antibiotics and a steroid injection and off we went. I was just glad that it wasn't a worse diagnosis, you can never tell what the result is going to be when an animal is unwell. While I was there a lady came in, she had a lamb in her car that needed to be seen by the vet. I could hear the lamb bleating through the open waiting room window.
On the way back I stopped quickly at Lidl making sure that the car was in the shade with the windows open. That was so I could buy tins of sardines and pate style cat food. Speedy really enjoyed the mushed up cat food and hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and his mouth will be less painful.
This morning I hung out my store of jeans to air in the sun and wind. They are varying sizes and colours but clothes shopping in Aber is very limited so I'm happy to keep most of them for the future. As I put them back in the storage tub I realized that the belts could also do with airing so on the line they went. I was surprised that I had so many and have had a good sort through. Some will be given away while others are worn out but you never know when the buckles or straps might come in handy so I'm not throwing them out for the moment.
It was back to choir again this evening and it made a nice change to be driving there and home again in the light.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sure hope Speedy will be okay!!