Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 10 May 2023

Windy.

A grey day with some showers and plenty of wind. Perfect conditions for those whom I'm going to call the wind seekers. The kite surfers were having a great time whizzing up and down while the wing surfer struggled to get going.
I had a poor start to the day as a result of staying up last night and the continuing low pressure system aggrivating my sinuses giving me a permanent headache and tinitus. When I'm feeling like this the best thing to do is plough through the jobs that have to be done which a. gets them done and b. makes me feel better by which time I see my way to the next small jobs and a general improvement in the day.
The rumour that the bathroom window will be installed this week turned out to be just that, a rumour. Our very nice builder came round this morning to see how far the oil vent was moved. We had a lovely chat (I'm being serious here, he's a nice guy and his work is excellent) and he will be contacting the brikkie and we might possibly have the window installed next week ...... or some time soon.
By the afternoon I got myself out to do a bit of work in the back garden. In the hope that the wind would dry the paint before the rain came to wash it off the blue 'door' at the end was freshened up with a coat of paint. The ten or more year old grasses in the big pot had finally died so I dug them out, added new soil and planted some younger grasses back in the pot. That enable me to move other plants around the garden including the tarragon which had begun to crowd out the thyme plants in the herb garden. It has now joined the sages in a separate raised bed.
With work progressing on the bathroom (possibly) I've been working on the latest design idea which is to have tiles underneath the toilet. In terms of looks and cleaning I'd love to have the whole floor tiled but I agree with Peter that even non-slip tiles are slippery and falls on any surface let alone hard tiles are a serious danger for the elderly. So instead we've chosen a grey speckled safety lino and I've been getting samples of patterned tiles to go under the toilet as they will be easier to clean thoroughly. 
(Stock photo.)
 

No comments: