Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 31 May 2023

Grey Start.

It was much greyer this morning and even looked as if it was going to rain but then it brightened up to a hot afternoon.
Peter took the car this morning as it had equipment for the boat in so I cycled down to the zoo. Cycling is still hard going which goes to show just how unfit I am. 
Lots of people at the zoo this morning so I tucked myself behind a safety barrier to get on with some weeding. Mostly it was just tiny seedlings but in a few places my enemy the bindweed had returned. I think I've now managed to dig out all of the nasty white roots. I spent three hours weeding and then cycled home. I ran out of puff for both of the steep inclines near home though I was okay going up and over the railway line.

Back home I didn't do much. Just had an early shower and sat out on the terrace to let my hair dry in the sun. A bit of crocheting afterwards and I'm blogging early as I'm off to choir later. 
The latest new blooms in the back garden.
Nearly there with the big one.
Plenty of people on the beach but very few in the water. Peter says the algal bloom is quite smelly. 
Overheard a grandmother walking two little girls along the High St. " Mummy wants to know who drew on the table top." Oh dear, I hope it comes off if it's a rental property.
 

No comments: