Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 1 June 2023

Sunny.

The sunny weather continues and finally the algal bloom is receding leaving the inshore waters a splended shade of turquoise.
I was up fairly early, got straight on with things and yet it still wasn't until later in the morning that I escaped outside. Mixing up only a small batch of mortar at a time seems to work best for me and I kept on going until the whole row of blocks was done. I had a bit of messing about trying to find smaller blocks to fit around the drain holes in the wall behind but thankfully that's the last of those holes.
Wall building done for the day I was looking forward to spending some time on the terrace but first there was a Bara Brith to be made, and then I got distracted by dolphins.
Two of them to be exact, fishing close to the cliff. I still haven't got the hang of enlarging a photo in the camera. It was so simple with my Nikon, pull up the photo, zoom in and press select. I have done it once with this camera but couldn't remember how so had to go to the manual again. Which isn't very clear. I think I have to pull up the photo, press the middle button, then the arrows down to get to cropping, then the middle button twice more to get a little menu across the top of the photo and then use a separate dial on the top of the camera to navigate four times across the menu, press the middle button three more times and if you're lucky you have a zoomed in photo. Or not really as was the case today. Better have another attempt.
Looking at the small size of the closer dolphin I wonder if it is a calf ?
I ran out of time to sit on the terrace before going down to the hall for aerobics, which was fun as usual. Instead I enjoyed the late sun as we ate our supper outside.
Beautiful blues.
 

No comments: