Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 17 June 2023

Muggy.

Mostly hazy, muggy and hot today with the sun bursting through every now and again.
All day a large flock of gulls, at least 100, has been bobbing about on the water close to shore. Every time a wave rolled in there would be a great hullabaloo as the youngsters took fright and jumped into the air. Either they were taking fright or maybe they were just having fun. 
I have spent most of the day working in the garden. I cleared all the blocks from the wall at the far end and am now working out how to plant the golden privet there. The solid concrete foundation goes all the way across and though I could ask Peter to break it up with his jackhammer I'm worried that it might affect the garden wall. Instead I've dug a hole at the side and will cover everything with lots of soil. Getting the privet out of its current spot is hard going so I'm hoping to get that finished on Monday. I ended my stint of gardening by unwinding the jasmine from the venetian blind and the curtain rail and replanting it in the garden. I originally bought it as a house plant but it really needs to be outside. It will need some protection from frost in the winter but it wasn't happy indoors. It's place has been taken by a white Christmas cactus which I hope will do better.
Today's flower photos are from the front garden where the hydrangeas are starting to look good.




 

No comments: