Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 4 June 2023

Hafod.

Once again I'm running late so this post will also be brief. The good weather continues but the long range forecast is for a low pressure system (think rainy and grey) which will coming in from the west by the weekend.
Our walk today was at Hafod, an estate that was created in the 18th C in the 'Picturesque' style with walks laid out for the gentry to enjoy the wild landscape. At just 4 miles from Devil's Bridge it was easy for me to find which is still my concern when driving alone up in the hills.
Apart from the lack of time tonight my camera battery gave out half-way through and although I eventually realised I could use the camera on my phone I need to change some settings on my phone to get the photos on my pc. So for tonight I'm only posting an overall view of the woods we walked through. 
Many years ago this pine had fallen but kept enough roots for eight 'trees' to grow from the horizontal trunk.
Views of the River Ystwyth which runs down to Aberystwyth. (Aber = mouth of the river).

We walked through varied woods on forestry roads and tracks well maintained by the National Trust.

This bridge had been made from the split trunk of a fallen tree and the Y-shaped supports and the handrail were made from the branches of the same tree.
We had our lunch stop here, all perched on a pile of logs waiting to be transported to the log train. If you zoom in you may be able to see a sign on the nearest tree on the left-hand side of the path. This sign said 'No climbing on the log piles.' Which as a rebellious group of older folk we ignored.
Since it looks like this spell of good weather is coming to an end the minute I got home I went straight out to the garden and continued bashing blocks in the front garden. I now have enough to make the next row on the new wall which is what I shall be doing asap. Hence the disruption to my usual routine. Now for a very quick run through some Duo Lingo. Tara. (As they say in Wales.)
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

A wonderful walk with same great pictures.
I use bluetooth to put pictures on my computer from the phone. Super easy.