Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 27 June 2023

All About The Brain.

Cloudy and variations of light rain for most of the day. The change in pressure has given me a headache which has lasted all day. I don't like to take extra painkillers or re-arrange the times that I take my already hefty amount of painkillers. That said my headache returned soon after taking the early evening dose so it wouldn't have made a lot of difference if I had taken extra. I find the best thing is to be busy, particluarily outside.
Since it looked too damp to be working at the zoo I rang the doctor for an appointment and was offered one within the hour. One benefit of having a surgery in the village. It wasn't the doctor I saw last time but I didn't mind. I began by asking what had happened to the results of my brain scan and was told it was clear which was why I hadn't been contacted. I was pleased about the result but thought I should have been told. After all TIAs can be the first step towards dementia. I was all set to email the practice manager pointing out how stressful not knowing can be but then the doctor looked at the computer again and said the results only came in yesterday and my GP would be phoning me once she was back at work tomorrow. I might have been sceptical but she did show me the screen with message. At least now I can stop taking the daily asprin.
The other reason I wanted the appointment was to wave the ever growing cyst (on the side of my toe) at the doctor. She advised me to ring the hospital to check on the referral but there's not much else to do. Hey, ho.
Once I got home I packed up the truffles in the last of the silver gift boxes from my stash and included a tiny ceramic hedgehog. Back in the car to drive down to send it from the Post Office at the other end of the village.
 On my return I began the difficult task of working out how many tiles we  need for the bathroom. If I wait to order them until the builder finally gets round to doing it they may no longer be available and it took such a long time to find tiles that I'm happy with. They have a light grey 'marble veining, the background is not as white as I had hoped but will do. Two walls will only have tiles half-way up, one with the window almost to the top and the last wall is part high and part medium. Not forgetting a small 60cms partition between the sink and the shower which also needs tiling. Working it all out truly sent my head into a spin. I'll have to double and triple check my calculations before I actually order the tiles.
My final head related item is more a case of brains over brawn. To clear my head after the tiles I escaped to do some gardening. To start with I emptied the last of the top soil from the dumpy bag leaving a space by the gate at the bottom for tomorrow's delivery of sand and cement. A little weeding and pruning was done before I tackled moving some of the concrete planters out of the way of the new raised bed. These planters are so heavy that it took two strong builders to lift a square planter down from the steps onto the paved area. With no builders to hand I had to work out how to move that and two slightly smaller planters. After years of moving furniture and other similar heavy objects while only a weak and feeble female I know how to pivot and 'walk' or drag items that I could never hope to lift. It wasn't that hard to move the big planter over to the corner of the pebbled area. Then came two slightly smaller planters that needed to go up to the first and third steps and by golly I managed those too. 
So ended a day of a sore head, a stroke free brain, a confused brain and a useful brain.
 

No comments: