Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 8 June 2023

Very Hot.

Another scorcher of a day. In fact is has been so hot that I think the Sky transmitter has melted. All our recorded programmes are coming up as unavailable and after doing all the checks ie turning off and on again, a message came up on the screen saying they were having some problems. Oh no, we'll have to watch live tv and put up with the adverts.
In the distance the hills are turning brown and the local golf course is a cheery shade of yellow.
I finally got last week's homework done and sent to out tutor half an hour before class. Microsoft has updated Outlook (emails) and the layout has changed again. I don't know if they think it clever or amusing to keep changing things but I'm sure that I'm not the only person for whom it just means stress. I deleted an email by accident and then couldn't find the 'deleted' folder to retrieve it. I was worried that the same thing might happen to my homework if I didn't send it straight away.
This class should have been the last for the year but because our tutor had been ill in the winter we will carry on for another two weeks.
After class I went out to do some gardening, mostly emptying soil from the middle of the old wall. Then it was time for disco aerobics. It was nice and cool in the hall after a hot walk down but very quickly all that leaping about had us melting. It wasn't long before myself and another regular took our tops off and danced in bra tops and shorts. Just like dancers on tv though maybe not quite as proficient.

Yesterday I showed a hint of an amazing garden full of miniature replicas of Italian buildings that we passed on our walk. You can read and see more about it here.The replicas were built to different scales over twenty five years by a retired chicken farmer and his wife as a homage to their Italian holidays. The garden and buildings are now being restored by a group of volunteers though the original intention was to replicate a city lost in the jungle so it won't look like a regular miniature village.
The garden walls are an eclectic mix of broken gravestones and a collection of bricks placed so that the makers' inscriptions can be seen.

As we walked along the road more and more buildings came into view nestled under the trees.
It will be interesting to see this after more restoration. 
We weren't expecting to see that on our walk.

 

No comments: