Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 21 June 2023

Summer Solstice.

Solstice Sunset.
After weeks of sun, summer has officially started. You would have thought the longest day of the year would mark the middle of summer but I'm sure there are good reasons why it is the first day of summer. I'm just trying hard not to think about the fact that the nights are now going to be getting longer.
There were a lot of dark clouds around in the morning but the Met Office map showed the rain passing to the south and west of us and this is exactly what happened. 
I rode my bike down to the zoo and spent four hours weeding most but not all of the gravelled area by the guinea fowl. Since Peter adjusted the brakes on the bike to get rid of the terrible squeaking I've found pedalling the bike a lot easier. Peter admits that having the brakes rubbing on the wheel might well have been at least part of the reason why I was struggling rather than my general lack of fitness. And of course going to aerobics every week will have strengthened my legs too.
I've been in a mixture of moods today, cheerful with the good weather and being able to get so much done in the garden plus being around horses again but then ...... In the conversation about the camper going in for its MOT I was told that we will be selling it because ........ we have everything we need here in Borth so don't need to go on any holidays, not even a few nights away in the camper and anyway we're too busy! Yes we have a good life here but to have my dreams of going on holiday now that we have the time and money for modest holidays knocked down like that is pretty depressing. At least with the camper I had hoped we might start with a few nights away visiting places like Anglesey, then further afield maybe Scotland and then who knows, Ireland or Europe? Now I know for certain that's not going to happen. There's no point in arguing over it because if we did go away either with the camper or on a proper holiday should one small thing not be perfect it would prove the point that it wasn't worth going in the first place. Perhaps I should consider going on holiday by myself, not too keen on that or with a group? I don't know. Apologies for venting like this but it helps to keep me from spiralling into a really black mood.

 

No comments: