Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 15 June 2023

Hot.

Yet another hot day though with increasing clouds in the afternoon we had a cooler evening. It was hot enough in the day to get two washing loads dried out on the line.
I was able to organise myself this morning and get straight out before breakfast while it was reasonably cool to do some work on taking down the remains of the wall. Soil cleared out of the middle of the wall and more blocks cleaned and stacked ready for the next project.
Being Thursday it was Zoom class day. We are almost at the end of our second year and though we have come a long way there is still an awful lot more to learn. We shall carry on meeting our friends to practise our Welsh but I don't feel like doing any of the extra classes/days being run over the summer. Life is just too busy. Since we are lucky enough to have a Welsh language tv channel I will try and watch a few programmes to see if I can follow along. 
After class I was back outside again bashing away at blocks. And then off to the hall for our wild disco aerobics. An hour of dancing got us all very hot, the cooler air outside was a welcome relief as I walked home with a friend.
All today's photos, except the first, are of the back garden which is a wild riot of colour at the moment.
I'm especially pleased with the clematis which seem to be doing well. The honeysuckle also did well but I lost three passionflowers over the winter so I shan't bother with them again.


 

No comments: