Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 13 June 2023

Hot.

Sunny and very hot today. 28C/82F according to Prof. Google.
This morning I was torn between going to the zoo or working in the garden. It didn't take much persuasion from Peter for me to decide to stay home and finish the wall. 
Before I got down to mixing up mortar I spent an hour or so cutting back the plants overhanging the way down to the garden as yesterday's rain reminded me of just how unpleasant getting slapped in the face by wet leaves is. 
It took not one but three more buckets of mortar to stick the last coping stones on and secure them from behind but now that job is done. All I need to do is top up the beds with more soil and then I can move onto the next project. My work gloves are completely worn through but my fingers were kept safe by the garden gloves worn inside them. Thankfully I do have more of these very sturdy workgloves.
By the time I had done some tidying around of the left over blocks it was time to change and head down to the hall for Pilates. The seagulls on the sports hall roof were very noisy, they sounded more like elephants jumping around and as our teacher said they were probably saying Ouch, ouch and jumping as they burnt their feet on the hot roof.
We ate outside enjoying the warmth and watching people fishing both off the long reef and kayaks.
 

No comments: