Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 25 June 2023

Sunshine and Showers.

Warm and cloudy in the morning with a few showers later on.
As usual the lifeboat crew were out training and in addition the coastguards were having a cliff rescue practice too.
I didn't have to drive to the walking group's meeting place as it was at the home of some of our members. A whole two and a half minutes walk away for me so no need to use Google Street View.
With rain forecast we headed along the lane that goes up the hill behind the village, up towards where we keep the camper. While we were still in the woods we turned onto a bridlepath that brought us out into the fields at the top of the hill. From there we had great views over the bog and across the river to Aberdyfi.
And on into Snowdonia, the views that is not us.
Peter had checked the Met Office site for me and it gave a lighter shower at around 1.00 and heavy rain for fifteen minutes for 2.00. The light shower passed while we were still assembling at our friends' house and then at five to two the heavy rain did indeed arrive. I was wearing shorts and a sports vest which dries quickly so I didn't bother to get my pack a mac out. What I did do was make sure that my phone and camera were inside plastic bags in my backpack which I covered with a bin bag to make extra sure everything stayed dry. Which it did. I ended up sheltering under an unbrella with two other people until the rain stopped twelve minutes later. It soon turned hot again so it didn't matter that I was a little damp round the edges for the last part of the walk down the lane.
Instead of our usual stop for a bite to eat we brought stuff for a salad/ vegetarian buffet lunch at our friends' home. It was nice to spend longer chatting and enjoying the good food. They have a small but very nice garden and I've spotted a few plants that I will ask for pieces of in the autumn. I had brought along some of my fennel plants that my friend has asked for.
In this meadow there were many Meadow Brown butterflies but they are hard to photograph as they will keep flitting about. And I forgot to enlarge the photo before taking it off the camera. There were also biting insects, I know this because I forgot to use the insect repellant spray and have bites on my neck and ear.
I managed to fit in a bit of gardening before and after going out for the walk. I was mainly taking up slabs and then replacing them which was a lot trickier. I found one of the slabs with a quarter of a hole in but the other three are under the brick raised bed so I left it in place. 
Surf was up, as they say and along with the surfers was this wing surfer. I got a photo just as he jumped out of the water which shows the strange keel structure that usually stays under the surface.

 

No comments: