Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 26 June 2023

Windy.

There were times today when the wind felt quite chilly and then suddenly it would become very hot. Strange weather.
This morning we went over to the library in Mach for our usual Welsh practice with our friends. First thing was going through part of the next homework. Much laughter when one friend, who had already sent her homework in, realised that instead of translating I used to drive a Ferrari. had translated I used to drive a Fiesta. As  morale booster we turned to a page of random questions from the end of last year's work and surprise, surprise we could understand and answer them easily. Afterwards, to celebrate the end of our second year we went across the road to what was the Caffi Alys and has now opened as the community run Caffi Glyn Dwr and had lunch. Being holiday season it was very busy in the cafe and the two ladies running the place had extremly loud voices as they rearranged tables and took orders. The food was good though. I had a bacon, Brie and cranberry sandwich served with salad and crisps.
After much chat and my usual skip around the charity shops it was much later than usual when we got home. The rest of my afternoon was spent baking a Bara Brith for Peter and making truffles for a birthday present. I've made two sorts, some with crystalised ginger and the others with dried raspberries.
Back garden flowers.
Crocosmia Lucifer.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh I think I'd like the raspberry ones.