Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 17 May 2023

Sunny.

Lots of sun again today and with the wind swinging round to come from a more southerly direction, a lot warmer.
No sign of a window fitter today though we did think he would probably wait a day for the cement to set. (We can't ask our builder as he went on holiday this morning.) Peter went off to row in the morning so just in case the window chap did turn up I worked at the front/side ? of the house, weeding the troughs and the pebbles underneath them. The more established troughs didn't need weeding, just combing through with my fingers to remove the old leaves. Montbretia might be an unconventional choice for the troughs but I love the lush green summer leaves which turn a sandy colour in the winter and little else would be able to withstand the harsh winter conditions. Filling the troughs with annuals would be very labour intensive which is something I'm trying to avoid.
Then it was time to head into town to have my teeth cleaned at the dentist. It's expensive, £70 for less than 15 minutes of some de-scaling and a polish but what can you do? Even when I was with the NHS dentist you had to pay private rates for the hygienist. At least it wasn't as expensive as Speedy's teeth cleaning.
I took a bag of good but not needed clothes to a charity shop and in another bought myself this blue and white sphere for just £2. I did a small shop at Lidl before heading back home.
After bringing in the clothes that were airing on the line and sorting out the fridge I was only too ready to sit out on the terrace in the warmth of the sun being almost lulled to sleep by the sound of the waves. Although the front garden is still very much a work-in-progress there are plants coming into flower all over the place. My own wildflower meadow is also blooming but with quite a different range of flowers to the meadow at the zoo.
Speedy found himself a spot to enjoy the sun and was fast asleep in the bluebells.
This farm on the slopes of Snowdonia in the far distance reminds me of an illustration from a children's story book.


 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I like your blue and white sphere and what a good price.
We both went for the teeth cleaning last month. It is amazing how fast those 6 months go by!!!