Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 11 May 2023

Warm.

I did it, that is I gave myself an early start to the day. Having woken just after 7.00 instead of taking my pills and going back to sleep I tottered along to the kitchen where I fed the cat, prepared breakfast and made my morning mug of tea. Cosy in a fluffy dressing gown I sat out on the terrace and allowed the gentle sound of the waves to bring me to some sort of wakefulness. Up above a break in the clouds allowed the sun to shine through and change the sea colour from dull grey to interesting greens. Once fully awake I put some washing in the machine and got my Duo Lingo out of the way.
Once Peter was up and we'd had our usual leisurely breakfast there was plenty of time to do more of my routine jobs including piano practice before preparing for our Welsh lesson. A large part of the lesson involved listening to somebody making an appointment with the dentist. Quite appropriate seeing as Speedy is off to have his dental work done tomorrow. 
As soon as the class was finished I quickly mixed up a bara brith and put it in the oven before spending a happy hour bashing bricks in the garden. These are some concrete bricks which will make the first two courses of the blocks that will cover the front of the raised bed by the lawn. I was able to chip off the mortar (more concrete than mortar mix) from 12 bricks and only need another 12 before I can cement them in place. That done I went down to the hall for the disco aerobics. It was so hot I wished that I'd done the same as a number of the others and worn shorts instead of leggings. An hour of leaping about and I certainly needed a shower as soon as I got home.
As can be seen from the photos the day began with clouds followed by a short but heavy shower then brightened up until the evening when the clouds began to roll in once again.
 

No comments: