Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 5 May 2023

Warm.

Strange weather today, one minute sunny and hot and the next cooler and wet. The showers didn't last long enough for any rainbows. The radio is talking about heavy thunderstorms in England and Wales but so far we've escaped those.
The plumber came today to move the outside boiler vent pipe over. There was some discussion at first because even with two bend sections (£100 each!) it looked as if the pipe would move less than 5 inches. However after some thought about how to twist the existing bends in the pipe it turned out the pipe could be shifted 9 inches. That's a lot of money but it means that once the window goes in there will still be room to put the shower on that wall. Putting the shower on the other wall would have ruled out having the bench seat which is going to be very useful when we get older. I also had a chat with the plumber about the feasability of having wet room style flooring instead of a shower tray. His advice is to have a tray, tiles don't do so well on wooden flooring and cutting into the joists to fit an underfloor drainage tray next to the wall isn't good. That's fine, we can have a large tray with a low lip.
I've just been pottering about doing a little gardening and more tidying up in the house.
I had a sort out of the Morrisons plant labels putting the clematis into bells, doubles and singles so I can identify the big red clematis as Ville de Lyon. 
Despite the showers I remembered to water the acers in the back garden which are growing in large pots and dry out quite quickly.
In today's post came my appointment for a brain scan to check if I've had any TIAs. The appointment is in two weeks' time which is either a sign of the efficiency of our local hospital, a good thing or a reflection of how concerned my doctor is, not a good thing. I'm not overly worried as I feel the few times my right eye has had decreased vision is more likely related to the soreness and blurriness in my other eye for which I have eye drops and ointment. 
 

No comments: