Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 30 May 2023

Sunny.

Nice and sunny again this morning though there was a cold wind blowing from the north-east. It was still nice to sit out on the terrace in my dressing gown clutching a reviving mug of tea watching energetic holidaymakers hiking up to the War Memorial. Things warmed up later to Mediterranian levels and the sea turned brown. Not, thankfully from any pollution but Peter, (my resident sea expert), tells me the wind blowing across the waves was causing turbulence in the water which was churning up the sand. (Correction, while at Pilates I've found out that it is in fact an algal bloom but not a dangerous one. But it is slimy and smelly. Yuck.)
It would have been an ideal day to cycle down to the zoo but my back wasn't up to an extended weeding session. I guess I overdid it yesterday. Instead I did some easier jobs around the place. First up I washed the salt and the result of a seagull bombing raid off the windows. Then I oiled the outside table and chairs. This time I've only given them two coats of oil. Last year's too generous applications resulted in the final coat blistering. I have a suspicion that the oil isn't of the best quality as I never had that problem before no matter how many coats I painted on.
Then I finished off the next of the crochet squares. It was only when I got out the other squares that I realised I put three rows of black around the first square. Better put an extra row round the other two. 
As the garden chairs had been oiled there was nothing for it but to bring out the sunlounger for a bit of a rest. It was very relaxing listening to the distant sound of children on the beach. The water was nice and calm for kayaks and SUPs and I could hear three teenage girls on an SUP having a fun time spending more time falling off  than on their single shared board.
Off to Pilates in  minute and then maybe we'll have another pretty sunset.
 

No comments: