Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 12 July 2023

A Tidy hedge.

It was one of those days when it looked like we were in for a day of rain. I even had Peter go and check on-line where the forecast was 80% probablilty of heavy rain at 4.00 and 60% probability of a thunderstorm at 1.00. Neither of which happened and by the afternoon it was warm and sunny. I guess we were in the lucky 20-40%.
I thought I might as well take a chance and finish cutting the top of the hedge. There wasn't that much to cut but the electric trimmer is quite heavy and each section required three cuts as I moved the step-up closer and closer to the street wall in order to be able to reach across. I also did a lot of stepping back and looking from across the road to check the level. I can't just measure from the pavement as that goes down in three distinct steps/slopes. But it got done and I tidied up the garden side by climbing on the wall and using secateurs. Now we have a fairly neat hedge and a good view of the sea without passers by being able to see in.
Before settling down to some crocheting I arranged some coping stones to see how they would look as a curved path. I think they'll be perfect set in loose stones, kind of like a boardwalk through the dunes and so did Peter until I mentioned they cost £10 each. That makes for a very expensive path. I'm trying to go easy on my back this week before riding on Friday which is why I'm not pushing on so hard with the heavy garden work.

Went singing tonight and after a day without a drop of rain I now hear heavy rain thundering down on the flat roof above my study.

No comments: