Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 22 July 2023

Very Wet.


Very wet today. That put paid to my plan to spend the day mixing up mortar and sticking down those coping stones. Not nice either for the school round the corner that was putting on its summer fete and barbecue this afternoon. I don't know if they were able to move it to inside the school though I expect the rain would have put people off anyway.
Instead I've had a day of inside jobs. All the routine jobs including both piano and guitar and then some outstanding tasks. I've paid up for next year's Welsh course, I may complain about the amount of time I spend learning Welsh but I'm not going to give it up now. Just a couple more years and I should be able to have a sensible conversation in Welsh. I also did and sent in my homework which isn't due in until next term. I'd done half of it and only needed to write a few lines about what I did and where I went last week-end. Most of the homework was about practising how place names change after the word in. The usual word for in is yn but if the place name begins with P,T, C, B, D or G then the initial letter changes to ym Mh, yn Nh, yng Ngh, ym M, yn N, or yng Ng and to make things even more confusing when speaking the in and the name are said as one and the sound at the end of in merges into the beginning of the place name.
Peter put up one more shelf in his study (last time he put up several and had serious problems with his knee for weeks, it's the random twisting that does it) and then helped me put up a few things.
First was this antique metal candelabra which came from my mother's home. Next was a hook so that I could hang a banner in my study (LOTR- Elrond's banner.) This was the outside wall of the original building and the only way to drill holes in it is to use the largest of our drills. It's so heavy I can barely pick it up and certainly wouldn't be able to hold it up to drill a hole. 

Looking out at the view I saw plenty of surfers, a couple of wing surfers, a kite surfer and a few hardy walkers.

 

No comments: