Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 10 July 2023

Wet.

A lot of rain today.
It was so wet today that I wore my (posh blue) wellies for our regular Welsh practice session in Mach. The library is carpeted so it's no problem to walk around in socks. I always take off my footwear there as the soft chair I usually have is much lower than the table so I tuck my feet up to sit on and put my course folder on my lap. I'd left my handbag at home on the kitchen table but luckily I keep a spare pair of glasses in the car and could say that in Welsh too. I'm doing well with the vocabulary but my sentance structure is suspect and as for the mutations, well they may happen or they may not. We've all got these handy laminated charts and words beginning with C might mutate to G, Ngh or Ch depending on the word in front or if it's the second Tuesday of the month or ..... something. And there are 8 other letters that also mutate.
We got home to find that the new coping stones had been delivered and left on the drive. I used our flat bed trolley to wheel 5 or 6 at a time down to the front garden gate from where I carried them individually up to the pond. I couldn't resist putting a few in position but I won't cement them in until Peter cuts some of them to fit. Better to do them all in one go. 
The fallen central flowers from this mophead hydrangea makes it look as if I've been overly generous with slug pellets.
 

No comments: