Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 13 July 2023

Sunny.

Quite sunny again today.
I cycled down to the community gardens this morning but as the lady who organised the work wasn't there today I had a walk around to take photos before the cake, and more people arrived.
A recent addition to the gardens is a pole with CCTV which has been put up in response to yet more damage. Unfortunately the cameras only cover the main paths and not the polytunnel or the Watershed where most of the damage occurs. Our local policeman popped by to talk to us but although he and everyone else knows who the vandals are unless they are filmed causing damage they cannot be prosecuted.
In the allotments themselves the main causers of damage are the rabbits (I saw several). This gardener is making sure the rabbits can't get to the plants though they have been known to burrow under fencing.
At C&C I chatted to several new people who turned out to be also connected with some of my other activities. One lad was the son of the people who own the zoo. He knew me but I have to say I didn't recognise him as he isn't around much when I'm there. I got talking to the other chap about his camera, also a Canon but a better one than mine. It was when he told me that he has a FB page of local photos that I asked if he was CD, which he was. Then I joined a few more dots as he and Peter know each other through the rowing club and then he knew who I was from talking to Pete. I just love the way all my social circles connect.
Before I left the community gardens I collected some pond weed for my little pond. It's a shame my pond is too small for water lillies but I still need to find some more plants.
My home gardening today consisted of tidying away stuff and then laying the second set of slabs-with-a-hole over the set in the lower layer of paving slabs. I have a clump of crocosmia Lucifer in the back garden and I shall put some in the circle after they've finished flowering. They should compliment the several different crocosmia in the raised beds that made it all the way from Dingles. When we left I didn't bother taking any of the giant montbretia, crocosmia manoniorum, as I was pretty sure we wouldn't have a garden big enough for those 5ft high flowers.
It was back to disco aerobics this evening and I only hope I was careful enough with my knee as I've got a riding lesson tomorrow.

 

No comments: