Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 30 July 2023

Wet.

There were some blue skies early in the morning but all too soon the rain began and simply did not stop.

It was too wet to go on the walk so instead of just meeeting up at somebody's house and chatting all afternoon I decided to stay home and make costumes for the carnival.

It's a good thing I did because it took most of the day to make trident, crown and vanbraces for Peter in his role as Triton. I also worked out an easy costume for me to wear. I was wracking my brain to combine a sea creature with the resources I have at home and a sea turtle came to mind. A cammo beanie only needed a couple of cartoon eyes (already done) and I've plenty of cardboard to make front and back shells.
Over breakfast we watched the lifeboat crew on their Sunday training joined by the big boys from Aberdyfi.
The sea was very rough especially past the shelter of the bay and they spent most of their time going in large circles bouncing up and down over the waves.

As I write I can hear the rain thundering down on the flat roof above me. Lots more water for the garden.


 



No comments: