Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 18 May 2023

Hazy.

This morning's colours were muted shades of silver, or even grey? and didn't get much brighter though we did have some sun late in the afternoon.
Still no sign of a window fitter. We got our hopes up when we saw a builder's van come around the corner and then drive slowly up our road. He went right to the end and then began making his way down but it was not our house he was looking for. It's a good thing there are only ten houses on our road as there are no numbers only house names. I expect our builder is hoping the window will be in before he gets back from holiday. 
I spent the morning preparing for the Zoom class. For once I took time over the homework and it paid off. Our tutor had created an on-line game with some of the the different yes and no answers. I could work out the right ones simply by looking at the initial word but I translated the whole of each sentence which helped to fix the patterns in my memory (possibly). At least I wasn't so lost during the lesson. 
I had a couple of hours after the lesson to do some work in the garden. As well as general weeding and cutting back I cleared the sand from the footing of the end section of the raised bed's wall. The builder put sand in there because he was worried that I might trip in the little ditch. 

I ended my activities by walking down to the hall for aerobics. It wasn't too warm walking down but once we got dancing I regretted not having worn shorts. I might remember next time. At the party I had mentioned to somebody that I had been thinking about volunteering with the local RDA group though probably not until after the summer. Tonight she asked if I wanted to be introduced to the admin person for the RDA group who was also in the class. The upshot is that I volunteered straight away as they are desperate for helpers. Emails have been exchanged and I await a form to fill out. You never know I might even get back riding myself.

 

No comments: