Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 27 May 2023

Sunny.

Borthbados from start to finish today.
There was a little wind making for good sailing conditions but not so good for paddleboarders. The chap who rents out SUPs had quite a few customers who in the main were sensible and stayed close to shore. Peter was out rowing by 9.30 and came back tired, blistered and happy as they had been race training.
I had just enough cement left to finish off the first row of blocks. After that I took down and cleaned 4 more blocks and cleared more compost and roots from the centre of the walled bed that is coming down. In a way you could say that I'm moving the wall from one part of the garden to another. My final garden task was to cut back even more the two golden privet bushes that I hope to move. I cut them back earlier by about 50% and now there are shoots coming out of the old wood which is a good sign. It all depends on how much of their roots I can dig out once the wall is down.

Not only is it half-term next week but it's another bank holiday week-end so the place is filled with holidaymakers.
See the flowers growing on the cliff-top? I'm so glad I took photos yesterday because below is all that remains. Everything cut down, such a shame. It's not our neighbours but the next house along.

 

No comments: