Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 29 May 2023

Sunny.

Another warm and mostly sunny day.
Late last night I went to see if Speedy was waiting to be let in which he was. In he came ...... with a young rat in his mouth. Fotunately it was dead so once I had got it from Speedy and shut him in the utility room I went out, in my pjs, to give it a sky burial. In other words I threw it over the cliff.  Speedy was rewarded with a few Dreamies but that is the reason I've never had a cat flap. Dead things or bits of dead things around the place - no thank you.
Peter went off to row straight after breakfast while I threw some washing in the machine and did a little housework. That done I took myself down to the hall for the Charities Fair. Many of the local charities had stalls with the usual mix of cakes, plants, old and new items and tombolas. The first stall was the Alzheimers group where I got a butternut squash plant, a pot of parsley, more vegetable seeds and a piece of chocolate cake. A few stalls further on I bought an unused pad of lined paper and a notebook both of which always come in useful. I chatted to a few people I knew before heading home to work in the garden.
I worked on through the afternoon and took down and cleaned nine more blocks. Now I have enough for the next row once I get some more cement. The day was so nice that I sat out on the terrace and did a bit more crochet before coming in to blog.
A few flowers from yesterday.
Wood Speedwell, a larger version of the common speedwell whose bright blue flowers brighten up my lawn wildflower meadow.
We were told the name of this white flower but I can't remember it. I do know it's rare which is why I can't identify it from my books or on-line either.
Yellow pimpernel, again a much larger cousin of the common scarlet pimpernel. Below is just one of many spectacular flowers in that amazing garden.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh no a rat. Better dead than alive though. Good for Speedy!!