Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 5 October 2024

Breezy.

The day began bright and sunny with a good drying breeze but later it became greyer. The large waves that were rolling in were a sure sign that there is a lot of energy out in the ocean. Possibly a storm which may be heading our way.
I've had a day of pottering around both indoors and out. I baked another Bara Brith as the last one is almost finished, put three lots of washing out on the line, did the ironing and then spent time in the front garden. A bit of weeding here and there and some clipping of the escallonia hedge. A robin came and sang loudly at me from the hedge but I did not have any worms to give it.
 
A bedraggled peacock butterfly resting on the shingle.

For supper tonight we are sharing the last pulled pork pasty and I'll be cooking up a sauce using tomatoes and a courgette from the garden plus an onion and odds and ends of veg from the fridge.

No comments: