Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 8 October 2024

Wet.

Lots and lots of rain today with the occasional hint of sun between showers.
It was too wet to work at the zoo today and anyway I needed to be in as a builder was coming round to look at the work we need doing on the render. Of course he turned up during some very heavy rain and after a brief conversation said he would return tomorrow to look at what needs doing. An hour later it was dry again but that's how it goes.

I've felt very tired today so have alternated between household cleaning and resting. I'll still be going to Pilates tonight, probably in the car unless things get a lot drier.
One thing rainy weather does is to bring interesting sea conditions and colours. I'm not sure if this white band which stretched all the way across the horizon, was sea mist or just the light reflecting from the surface.
With the air getting colder visibility has also improved and I could pick out individual buildings 30 miles away across the water.




At one point I noticed what looked like flocks of black ducks out at sea. Using my camera to get a better view I was able to confirm that they were indeed black ducks- common scoter a winter visitor that likes to dive down for mussels and crustaceans on the sea bed.  

Later on we had some wonderful sea colours.

No comments: