Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 19 October 2024

Sunny.

 A blue moon?
Today has very much been the calm before the storm as we wait for Storm Ashley to blow in tomorrow. Even the Sunday walk has been cancelled though the forecast looks to be windy rather than for rain.

I don't mind about missing the walk as I'm feeling a bit rough today. It was only when I re-read the two page leaflet that I was given after my jabs last week that I found out that headache, nausea and dizziness  are all possible side effects of the covid vaccination. Not very nice but I'm sure a lot easier on the body than getting covid even in its currently reduced version. Also I had been worried that I might be reacting to some of my regular tablets or picked up a random bug from somewhere. I've been taking things a bit easier and drinking lemon and ginger tea.
Jobs done have included fitting the rainwater diverter though I did the one thing that I had been dreading and cut the hose too short. That was only because I needed to turn the water butt around as the hose wasn't flexible enough to have it in its original position. Luckily I was able to use the hose from another diverter. Then I moved the remaining plant troughs that I'd been storing in the space between the house and the street as there's a rumour that the builders may be coming to do the rendering next week. Finally I did some cutting back in the front garden before putting the empty muck bucket down in the middle of the shingle. This was not me being randomly untidy but a failed attempt to persuade myself that I don't need to buy a large textured sphere as a garden ornament. It's in Charlie's, is big and  quite expensive but I suspect I may be buying it next week.
This morning the coastguards were out practising throwing abseiling themselves over the the cliff when the sea behind was choppy. By the afternoon the waves had picked up and there were hordes of surfers out having a wonderful time.

No comments: