Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 20 October 2024

Windy.

After all the dire storm warnings it all seems to have passed us by with just a few showers in the morning and some very strong winds in the afternoon. 

Sometimes I wonder if doing all my different classes is really helpful or if I'm causing more harm to my back. On the plus side is cardio work for my heart, brain stimulation from trying to co-ordinate/remember movements and endorphins from the sheer enjoyment from the different activities against the inevitable follow up aches and pains. But then this morning I realised that in my day to day life I'm finding it much easier to improve my posture something I find myself doing frequently. Shoulders back, ribs up, stomach in and bum tucked in and hey presto suddenly I'm taller and thinner. But that's only superficial, the important thing is being able to stand straighter which reduces the pressure on my spine and nerves which of course helps reduce the pain. So I shall carry on dancing, exercising, walking and riding and having fun.

Back to weather talk - There is a flood warning along the four miles of beach from Ynyslas to Borth when the 11.00pm high tide will be extra high at 5m.  
It was a shame that the afternoon walk was cancelled but I guess there would be the risk of fallen trees, (wow something like a branch has landed on the study roof above me). Instead I emptied out the water butt that sits at the front of the house behind the low street wall. It wouldn't drain when I turned the tap at the bottom and I suspected that it might be clogged up with sludge. I had to use an old ice-cream tub to scoop out the water and throw it down the road and then very annoyingly as I tipped the butt over to ease it through the narrow gateway I caught the tap on the gate and snapped off the top of the tap. Luckily there was another tap on one of the spare water butts that I could use. After cleaning out the water butt I put it back in place but didn't go through the tortuous business of trying to fit the hose onto the tap as the builders will need to move it to get at the wall behind.

After hanging out some washing, double pegged against the wind, I did some gardening in the back garden while Peter carried on with his revamp of his workspace in the garage.
Once that was done it was far too nice to stay home so I took myself off for a beach walk. Since the wind was blowing from the south-west it wasn't too cold. With the wind in my back it was easy heading up the beach to the first sets of rock piles but coming back was another matter. I had to put my head down and battle against the gusting wind. Thankfully I'd remembered to put on my safety glasses to protect my eyes from the wind.
Somebody else taking advantage of the windy afternoon.

No comments: