Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 6 October 2024

Tired.

The day began with some sun which gave me the chance to sit out in the front garden clutching a coffee trying to wake up. Although we didn't get the stormy weather heavy rain arrived in the afternoon.
Since the doctor change my pain meds I've been finding it hard to get to sleep at night sometimes even falling asleep for 10 minutes and then waking up again. For the last few nights I've gone back to getting up and watching tv until I literally can't stay awake any longer. I was so tired today that even if the walk hadn't been cancelled due to the weather forecast I wouldn't have gone. No energy for walking and I wouldn't have felt safe driving either. One of the first Welsh phrases we all learnt was wedi blino [wedy-bleen-o] meaning tired, as a response to How are you? and now I've moved onto wedi blino lan which means exhausted.

Down in the front garden the California Poppy was not convinced that the sun was out but the robin was serenading me from the top of the street sign. Once properly awake I made a quick visit to the shop to buy some ground coffee. When Peter went to open a bag of coffee which I had bought from Lidl two weeks ago he found two long slashes in the back. Most probably they were from the packaging process, how had I not noticed? but it could have been malicious. We didn't want to take any chances and will be returning the coffee to Lidl. Although it is more expensive it's good that we have a food shop in the village.

Even though I hadn't collected quite enough sloes I made a start on the Christmas sloe gin using a felting needle to poke holes in each sloe. Hopefully I'll find some more soon to top up the jars. Sloes, sugar and three months should turn the medicinal smelling gin (to me at least) into a ruby red, sweet and fruity tipple. I believe it went down quite well with its recipients last year.


No comments: