Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 17 October 2024

Showers.

First thing this morning it looked as if we were going to have a lovely sunny day. Then, just as I was washing the salt off the front windows down came the rain for the first of many showers.
After breakfast I used a tube of caulk, or as I like to call it - squidgy stuff, to fill in all the tiny gaps between the shelves and the battens as they they really showed up against all the white paintwork. It looks much better now. 
Then it was time for Welsh Class. Eight of us today as some people were away on holiday. It was so warm at that point that I had to open my study window.
Afterwards I did some work in the garden or rather corrected a mistake I'd made when fitting the diverter to the water butt. I'd woken up at 4.30 this morning and after musing on the fact that the butt had already filled up in a few days I then realised that my disregard of the instructions was going to lead to not quite disaster but a mess. Because the lid of the water butt already had a hole in it instead of fitting the hose to the side of the butt I fitted the connector to the lid and sited the piece that went on the drain pipe too high. That was fine for water going in but stopped the mechanism that would send the water back down the drain pipe once the butt was full. The result was that the butt filled to the top of the lid and then overflowed creating a puddle on the paving below. After emptying out some of the water I drilled out a new hole in the correct position at the side of the water butt then rain fell before I could re-position the diverter on the drain pipe.
I ended my day with an hour of cavorting around in disco aerobics.
 

No comments: