Apologies for the sudden departure, the internet here in St Ives is pretty dire and initially my laptop refused to recognize any passwords at all. I tried again today with better results though I did have to stand on the doorstep to get a signal to my phone. It's the granite walls that cause a lot of problems.
In case it all goes squit again here are a few photos to give the feel of the place. Above is the view from our front door and we have the same view sitting on the window seat. Our flat is on the slipway to Porthmeor beach and the path on the right leads onto the Island meaning I've been able to pop out for numerous short walks in addition to going for walks with Peter.
Porthmeor beach is great for surfing and bodyboarding which is what we both did yesterday. I made sure to stay under the watchful eyes of the lifeguards (it was really crowded on the weekend which is why we waited until yesterday) just to be safe. The conditions were perfect and I caught lots of waves. Being brought up on St Ives beaches has made other beaches pale in comparison. Peter didn't stay in as long but the pair of us had aches and pains in the night as a result of our exertions. But it was worth it.
As well as walks on the beach and the Island we've also walked out along the coast path, explored the narrow lanes and browsed in many shops. So far I've taken over 400 photos in my attempts to capture the feel of St Ives, the colour of the sea and the shapes of the waves. Not to mention a curious seal that swims close to shore, so close that Peter spotted it tonight while he sat in the window.Here's hoping this post gets published and I'll post again if I can.
1 comment:
Looks like a wonderful place to visit. Glad you are enjoying yourselves. :)
Post a Comment