Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday, 10 September 2026

Wet.

The day began warm and grey but dry enough for me to spend some time in the garden.
I've begun cutting back the crocosmia before I move them over to the other side of the garden as they didn't do well in the raised beds during the hot weather. Also the big lace cap hydrangea that forms part of the hedge is getting too exuberant and is being cut back as the blooms finish.
Next I pulled up all the mint that has happily been growing through the herbaceous beds. It gave the garden a cottage garden feel and provided food for the bees and butterflies but now it's time for it to go. I don't mind if more appears next year to add to permanent mint bed and a number of planters of different varieties of mint.
 
By the time I finished with the mint it was raining steadily so I retired indoors to play the piano, do some paperwork and generally potter about. Luckily the rain has stopped for the moment as I'm about to head down to the hall for disco aerobics.


No comments: