After a night of heavy rain we had a few morning showers which eventually gave way to brighter weather, at least for a while.
With so much humidity and it not being cold enough to put the central heating on (thank goodness) it's been hard to dry the washing indoors. Today I gave up and put a clothes rack in the porch which heats up as it catches the sun. Not the best look for the front of the house but needs must.
As soon as the showers were over I drove to the zoo for another weeding session. I generally have a plan of which areas I'm going to be working in but sometimes other things take priority.
Today my attention was diverted to first tidying up a flower bed which was looking messy after a new fence had put in and then while things had been dug up I saw it was a good time to dig further and remove some established nettle roots. Lots and lots of them and as my gardening gloves had holes in them my fingers are quite tingly at the moment.
As usual I took the weeds to the pigs and now I know pigs absolutely love nettle roots. Today they ended up with three tubs of weeds to tuck into, mostly nettles and grass.
I also cleared a path only used by the zoo staff which had been in my sights for a while but other areas had taken priority.
I'm off to Pilates soon and in the meantime I'm working on adding more sequins to the back of the top which is just plain black.
No comments:
Post a Comment