There was hardly a breath of wind this morning. Just a silvery grey flat sea under a cloudy sky. It was warm from the start and the afternoon was sunnier and hotter.
I went to the zoo this morning and somehow managed to spend five hours there. I wasn't weeding all the time, there was the usual chatting with another volunteer and every now and again I'd take my tub of weeds to the pigs or armfuls of branches to be shared out between the goats and more armfuls of mint and lemon balm to the animal kitchen to be given to the wolf dogs (bedding). I hadn't meant to be so long at the zoo but right at the end I thought I'd check on the spiral paths in the grass maze and to my horror they were full of tiny weeds. If I left it any longer the paths would soon be obliterated. The paths are all clear now but will need checking while we have this warm spell after all that rain.
I got back home just in time to clean up, prepare some supper and change for Pilates.
No comments:
Post a Comment