It has been raining heavily for most of the day. I'm glad that I wasn't out shopping today.
Knowing that rain was due in I went out to do some gardening straight after breakfast. The remaining excess mint has been pulled up and more of the big lace-cap hydrangea cut back. I was on a roll and carried on training a climbing hydrangea back along the hedge as the rain began to fall. I'm trying not to have to cut any of the branches off but I don't want them growing outwards.
Eventually it got too wet so I did a bit more towards my version of the garage sort out (as Pete's seems to have fizzled out). At least this way I will know where things are and I'm not going to mention the still unopened boxes with new tools in. Maybe they will come in useful one day.
The main job I planned to do today was to cook up a whole load of apples as our neighbours have been leaving bags of apples out for anyone to help themselves. It took me a whole hour to core, remove bruised bits and chop up the apples but now we have five tubs of stewed apple sitting in the freezer. This we'll mainly eat with our morning porridge.
My final task of the day was to carry on with the amigurumi dragon I'm crocheting. The second ear is now done but I gave up half-way through the second horn as it doesn't look like the first one and I couldn't work out which one was the faulty one. It was very fiddly as basically you are making a tube which begins with only four stitches around then five and finally six. I might go back to those after I've done the rest of the parts which are bigger. At the moment I'm using double knit wool for practice but really the pattern is for embroidery thread. How will I ever see that?
No comments:
Post a Comment