I woke early to a fine morning after not a very good night's sleep. The tops of my thighs were so sore which I can only put down to riding a broader horse and maybe having my stirrups at a different length. It was the level of pain that I was aware of while asleep and though I kept telling myself to get up to rub on some Voltarol and take a painkiller I didn't quite get round to it until Peter brought me a cup of tea. His suggestion was also to move to disperse the lactic acid and I did feel a lot better after I'd done 20 deep squats. PS Just been looking at past posts and see that I rode Cody on a 4 hour ride and commented how comfortable his trot was.
It was such a nice day that we went for a walk at Ynyslas.
From the car park we
walked along the boardwalk through the sand dunes,
and out onto the beach. There were a fair number of people out exercising children, dogs and even a couple of ponies but of course I've carefully edited them out of my photos.
Well camouflaged amongst the stones was a small group of sanderlings.
This time we headed northwards up the beach
and then walked around the end of the sand dunes along the estuary and back to the car park.
There are very few shells on the beach in Borth but here alongside the river there was a veritable carpet of shells. I did keep my eyes open for any unexploded ordnance though perhaps kicking at any suspicious objects wasn't the best idea. They were just stones with bits of metal stuck to them but it's best to be on the safe side.
When we got home I sprayed all the window frames in the garage with woodworm killer after first brushing off all the cobwebs and hopefully any spiders. Then I went round and asked our neighbour if it was okay to step through her garden to spray the outside of the frames. I must have looked a sight with my old clothes and a proper facemask which I couldn't remove as my gloved hands were soaked in the nasty chemicals. She told me that they will be cutting back a bush that is covering the second window in about a month and I'm welcome to come and paint the windows after that. The windows are in an even worse state than I thought and I may replace some of the wood in my usual have-a-go fashion before painting the frames.
No comments:
Post a Comment