Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday, 23 September 2026

More Plants.

A brief post as I've only just got home from choir.
The day began grey and dark with frequent heavy showers then later we lost the clouds and it was another hot and windy day. (I've just remembered that the washing is still out on the line.)
 
I had some things to do in town first which included a quick visit to Charlie's where somehow I came out with four pots of the little cyclamen. I couldn't resist as they were only 50p each.
When I got home I gave the inside of the car a hoover. It was full of dirt and small stones, not surprising as we carry so much garden stuff to the dump and wellies, riding boots and walking boots all add to the general mess.

Once the car was tidied including washing off the worst of the dirt from the outside I turned my attention to the terrace hedge.
Seen from indoors it looked to be cut at quite a slant especially when viewed against the horizon. This was mainly an optical illusion as when I measured carefully it was only about an inch higher at one end. Like the builders of the Parthenon I would have to adjust the top line to fit the view rather than to the true horizontal.
However I took off the offending inch and a tiny bit more to make it acceptable to my critical eye when seen straight on.
The washing is now in and on the rack in the utility room.

No comments: