Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday, 24 September 2026

Never Short Of A Cuppa.

It felt much cooler this morning. With no wind the sea was fairly nondescript but the sky above was dramatic.
I think that a lot of my lack of enthusiasm for our Welsh lessons is the sheer amount of time it seems to take up. That and the fact that learning languages is hard for me.
Not only is the lesson three hours long but I spend at least an hour beforehand going through the last lesson and looking at the next exercises. Looking, translating and making plenty of notes of course.
But by the time the lesson is over I do feel a sense of achievement and I know it is doing my brain good. Plus it is nice to be able to chat to Pete in Welsh.
 
During the lesson the postman delivered the Kelly kettle I'd bought. Now, whatever disruption to daily living occurs all will be well with a cup of tea or coffee.
Later - I had a good time at disco aerobics, burning off the calories with some energetic dancing. Rachel bless her, was still suffering with her cold and had to refrain from too much spinning around as it was making her feel dizzy. Towards the end people were getting too hot and opened the doors at the back of the hall to let in some air. These doors open onto the football pitches and children's playground and from her viewpoint up on the stage Rachel spotted a couple of lads, around 10 years old, joining in with our dancing, bless. One lad even came and danced in the hall for a while.

No comments: