Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 23 December 2008

All Wrapped Up.

Everyone at home is suffering from this horrible cold with aches and pains and sore throats. We even cough and splutter in harmony. Yesterday I did my main final food shopping and then moped around groaning piteously. Thankfully most of my presents have been organised for some time. I also made another trip to the dump at Barnstaple with sacks of rotten roofing from the shed which I am paying Linas to take down. Today I went into town for a final leisurely swing round the shops, got myself a top in sale, and did a top up shop of the things I had forgotten yesterday. I treated myself to an armload of easy reading from the library for all those spare moments! I'll have during the holiday. Later we took  a car load of computer junk to the Ilfracombe dump and did a top up of ou top up shopping at Tescos. I'm so hoping that tomorrow will be calm enough for us all to get out for a walk on the cliffs in the afternoon as Vytas and Kate are arriving at mid-day. For the first time I've managed to wrap all my presents in advance including the 73 small items for everyone's Christmas stockings. Usually I end up wrapping those fiddly little presents at 1 in the morning when we have got back from Midnight Service. 


Grey skies in the afternoon with just a hint of blue.


On the way to Ilfracombe was a farm selling swedes (50p each) by the side of the road. It's pretty unusual to see an honesty box here though there were plenty when we were in Guernsey 25 years ago.
As we left 2 farm dogs came out to bark at us, perhaps they were checking that we had paid the right amount.
Romas practicing for the day when he is a famous rock star and has to avoid the paparazzi.

3 comments:

happyone said...

Sorry to hear you are all sick. Hope you'll be well by Christmas.
That's a lot of little presents to wrap!!!

Catching the Magic said...

So sorry to hear you're all unwell. If it makes you feel any better, the inclement weather here over the past week - hot one day, cold and rainy the next, has struck down our clan with colds too, but nothing too severe thankfully.

Wishing you all well and hope the snuffles don't spoil your Christmas too much and you can enjoy a delicious feast (with not too much work in the kitchen!).

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year (we're still up at very close to 1am here!).

Sarah
x

(P.S. I'm over my emotions of Friday. Thanks for your comments, as always, she'll be right - and so will I - eventually! - silly, over worrying mother that I am!)

Domestic Executive said...

Hope the bugs don't spoil your Christmas. Seems you're soldiering on anyway to make Christmas special for everyone.

Enjoy!