Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 27 December 2008

Morte Point.







Some pictures from yesterday's walk. 
Today we have the same chill wind that is keeping the temperature down and the sky blue. Some parts of the garden were still frosted this evening. 
 I went into town to check out the sales but only bought a couple of pairs of trousers for work, (my usual clothes buying excuse). Vytas and Kate came in with me because there was a terrible screeching coming from the brakes of Kate's car but that turned out to be a stone caught in the mechanism. More worryingly Peter noticed a small petrol leak when she is reversing so we'll have to get that seen to asap. I'm still counting this as 'holiday' so I've resisted the temptation to look at my planning for the first week of term. This also means I'm being pretty relaxed about what I eat. Having resisited chocolate for so long I now find I'm very choosy over which kinds I will eat and it won't be such a wrench when I go back to eating healthily. I'm going to have to find a way of making my sit ups harder as last night I kept on going to 620! Vytas has shown me some back strengthening exercises to do as well. I get very excited by all this exercise simply because I'm such an unsporty person. I was useless at school sports and stuck to individual sports such as archery,  shooting, judo, ice skating - anything that didn't involve running around. In my 20s I worked with horses and ended up teaching disabled kids to ride as well as looking after other peoples horses. My excursion into road running a few years ago did wonders for my weight but sent my gammy knee into total decline hence the sit ups in this round of loosing weight and getting fit.

2 comments:

Julie said...

okay, could you live in a more beautiful place?!?!?!?! So beautiful! Love those pictures.

Thanks for the email about Eli. I appreciate it. It is hard. He insists that he doesn't like to get messy and that is why... but I bought him the paint tubes that all he has to do is push down and use it like a pen/marker. I also told him he could use crayons, or markers...

I don't think it is about perfection... I am very open to whatever he draws... I just want him to do something.

I think the thing that frustrates me about him is that he doesn't like to try things and gives up so quickly on everything. He rather play with his trains and cars. I give him an activity and he just looks at it and then is done with it after a few minutes. I have tried lots of different things with him and it is strange that he knows A LOT, but he doesn't try or things just don't compute for him.

For example we went to the starfall website to do some phonics learning/early reading games. He knows all his letters and their sounds and he is just supposed to put the right letter (out of 5 choices) to the word with the picture shown. He will just randomly choose and then gets bored and says he is done. He knows them all, but something doesn't compute and he just gives up...

I just wish I knew how to encourage him. And not frustrate us both.

Thanks for all your advice... I welcome it. And sorry for such a long post. :)

Domestic Executive said...

Amazing Pictures Ruta. What I love to is that you complement them with your "ramblings" about what you've been up to. You and Martin have the same outlook - he's very much on holiday and it's well deserved. Enjoy the time off, the chocolates and the sit-ups! There is always the rest of the year to get serious and focused on other things.